Here Is Everything You Need To Know About
ACL Tear/Knee Ligament Injury
ACL Tear chiropractic treatment Downtown
What Is an ACL Tear?
An ACL Tear, is a tear or sprain of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) — one of the major ligaments in your knee. ACL injuries most commonly occur during sports that involve sudden stops or changes in direction, jumping and landing — such as soccer, basketball, football and downhill skiing.
Many people hear or feel a “pop” in the knee when an ACL injury occurs. Your knee may swell, feel unstable and become too painful to bear weight.
How does it feel?
Do You feel any of these symptoms:
Signs and Symptoms
- Often hear a “pop” when torn
- Significant swelling in the knee
- Stiffness when trying to bend the knee
- A feeling of instability in the knee when walking or changing directions
- Unable to run, cut, or jump
- We conduct a thorough examination including the back, hips, knee, and ankle/foot. We determine the root cause of your symptoms to ensure that chiropractic treatment treatment is the best option for you.
- We examine posture, range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, nerve mobility, and functional movements to create a custom treatment plan.
Can chiropractic treatment Help?
- Yes!!! If you have a partial tear or are looking for a conservative treatment, then chiropractic treatment can definitely help restore normal motion, strength, and balance.
- If you have a complete or full tear, surgery is usually recommended. However, we highly recommend doing pre-hab (treatment before undergoing surgery) prior to surgery to maximize range of motion, strength, and improve post-surgical outcomes.
- After surgery, we can definitely help with your recovery! Plus, our therapists are Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists (CSCS) so they can help you back to an active, healthy lifestyle!
We Treat a Variety Of Knee Pain:
- Knee Arthritis
- Meniscus Tear
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Iliotibial Pain Band Syndrome (IT Band)
- Knee Ligament Injury (ACL Tear)
- Quad Strain Hamstring Strain
What should I do next?
- Schedule an initial examination
- Let us find the root cause of your pain
- Create a custom treatment plan for you
- Start living pain-free!
Want more information?
We offer Various Treatments
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.