Here Is Everything You Need To Know About
What Is a Quad Strain?
A Quad Strain, or quadriceps strain happens when you overstretch, or pull, the quadriceps muscle group. This large group of muscles runs down the front of your thigh. A strain can happen when you exercise or lift something or if you are injured. You may feel pain and tenderness that’s worse when you move your injured leg.
How does it feel?
Do You feel any of these symptoms:
Signs and Symptoms
- Feel a sharp pull on the front of your thigh
- Occasionally, feel a pop on the front of your thigh when the injury occurs
- Tenderness to the touch
- Difficulty lifting the leg
- Swelling or bruising on the front of your thigh
- Pain and tightness on the front of your thigh
- Continuous pain following activity, particularly with walking, climbing, or descending stairs, or moving from a sitting to standing position.
- We conduct a thorough examination including the back, hips, knee, and ankle/foot. We determine the root cause of your symptoms to ensure that physical therapy treatment is the best option for you.
- We examine posture, range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, nerve mobility, and functional movements to create a custom treatment plan. We also take into account any imaging that you have had like X-Rays, MRI, CT scans, etc.
Can Physical Therapy Help?
- Yes!!! If you have a partial tear or are looking for a conservative treatment, then physical therapy can definitely help restore normal motion, strength, and balance.
- Good news!!! Recent research has actually shown that physical therapy is a better option than surgery, pain medication and injections. We can help you avoid unnecessary invasive procedures and tests that cost a fortune with limited effectiveness.
We Treat a Variety Of Knee Pain:
- Knee Arthritis
- Meniscus Tear
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Iliotibial Pain Band Syndrome (IT Band)
- Knee Ligament Injury (ACL Tear)
- Quad Strain Hamstring Strain
What should I do next?
- Schedule an initial examination
- Let us find the root cause of your pain
- Create a custom treatment plan for you
- Start living pain-free!
Want more information?
The Aspen Falls Spinal Care Center Way
We have a 5-step approach:
Reduce your pain
Regain normal movement and eliminate pain
Get your life back
Optimize your life and body
Be Your Best
We will work closely with all your healthcare providers
Guaranteed One-On-one Treatment
Setting goals is the best way to enjoy a successful outcome
We offer Various Treatments
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.