Here Is Everything You Need To Know About
How does it feel?
Signs and Symptoms
- Localized pain at the joint of the big toe
- Feeling a “pop” at or around the joint of the big toe at the time of the injury
- Tenderness to touch
- Cramping in the arch of the foot
- In more severe injuries, a disfiguring of the joint of the big toe (as in a dislocation)
- We conduct a thorough examination including the back, hips, knee, and ankle/foot. We determine the root cause of your symptoms to ensure that physical therapy treatment is the best option for you.
- We examine posture, range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, nerve mobility, and functional movements to create a custom treatment plan. We also take into account any imaging that you have had like X-Rays, MRI, CT scans, etc.
- We also analyze movement patterns to ensure that you are using proper technique to avoid reinjury in the future.
Can Physical Therapy Help?
- Yes!!! Recent onset of symptoms typically results in a quicker recovery time of about 1-2 months depending of the grade of the sprain. Whereas persistent symptoms that have lasted longer than 6 months, usually takes 2-6 months to recover.
- Good news!! Recent research has actually shown that physical therapy is a better option than surgery, pain medication and injections. We can help you avoid unnecessary invasive procedures and tests that cost a fortune with limited effectiveness.
- Dr. B. listened to my situation, tested/analyzed my situation, and began treating me for my issues and I got immediate improvement. I would not have lasted at my job without his weekly sessions. Professional, extremely well informed, data driven, Caring and Friendly. The individual attention I received was extremely helpful and got me through one of the hardest and most painful episodes in my life. – Delaney C.
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (click each link to learn more):
- Joint Manipulation/Mobilization
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Pain Reducing Modalities
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Mobility Training
- Strength Training
- Endurance Training
- Sport Specific Training
- Kinesiology Taping
What should I do next?
- Schedule an initial examination
- Let us find the root cause of your pain
- Create a custom treatment plan for you
- Start living pain-free!
Want more information?
The Aspen Falls Spinal Care Center Way
We have a 5-step approach:
Reduce your pain
Regain normal movement and eliminate pain
Get your life back
Optimize your life and body
Be Your Best
We will work closely with all your healthcare providers
Guaranteed One-On-one Treatment
Setting goals is the best way to enjoy a successful outcome
We offer Various Treatments
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.