Here Is Everything You Need To Know About
Low Back Pain
How does it feel?
Signs and Symptoms
- Inability to complete workouts
- Pain during or after exercise
- Inability to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Difficulty bending forward or twisting
- Weakness in your hips or legs
- Muscle spasms and pain around the back and hips
- Pain in the back, hips, legs, or feet
- Weakness in the hips or legs
- Numbness or tingling in the back, hips, legs, or feet
- Stiffness in the back and hips
- Difficulty maintaining one position for a long period of time
- Difficulty sleeping due to pain
- We conduct a thorough examination including the back, hips, knee, and ankle/foot. We analyze lifting techniques to help determine the root cause of your symptoms to ensure that physical therapy treatment is the best option for you.
- We examine posture, range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, nerve mobility, and functional movements to create a custom treatment plan.
- We take great pride in helping our fitness athletes. We focus on breaking down lifting techniques to find any faults that may be contributing to your pain. We often find that the true cause of your pain lies in a different region due to weakness, limited mobility, or poor technique.
- We also find that most lower back pain is due to technique faults caused by limited strength in the lower back and hips. Or limited mobility in the thoracic spine, shoulders, or hips. We focus on a whole body approach to treat your back pain and keep it away long-term.
- Each nerve root corresponds with a specific area and we help determine which nerve(s) are affected to target our treatments toward these areas. This specified treatment helps you feel better quickly and get back to the activities you love!
Can Physical Therapy Help?
- Recent onset of symptoms typically results in a quicker recovery time of about 1-2 months. Whereas persistent symptoms that have lasted longer than 6 months, usually takes 2-6 months to recover.
- “I had a severe neck injury-impending surgery about a year ago and hope for improvement was little. […] I left the first session feeling positive and hopeful. Steven was very professional, thorough and patient. After the 3rd session, I could feel a huge improvement and by the end I was about 90% improved overall. This team does “miracles”! They support their patients, follow up on them… all this with a positive attitude and a smile!!” – Dr. Elias M.
- “I started working with Dr. B a year ago when I injured my back. I was in a tough spot being that I couldn’t be active (plays sports and exercise) which I have done my entire life. Unfortunately before I found out about Dr. B, I wasted a lot of time and money going to about 5 chiropractors. Unlike most places, Aspen Falls Spinal Care Center will work with you and ensure that you’re moving towards your goals. Dr B. has literally helped me live a pain free life and I am forever grateful for him.” – Erik L. (CrossFit Coach and Owner)
- “I had completely given up on my shoulder. I hadn’t bench pressed or overhead pressed anything in over a year, and a single pushup would leave me in pain for days. After trying everything I could read about online AND going to a different physical therapist (who essentially gave up on me) a friend recommended Steven to me. Steven took the time to assess my range of motion and general limitations. We came up with a plan for what we could do in his office and while I was at the gym. It took a lot of effort, but with his help, I was able to resume all of the activities I used to be able to do in a few short months. The best part is that I’ve learned how to prepare myself better for these activities through Steven’s advice. I highly recommend Steven and his team if you’re like me and want to get back to your active lifestyle!!” – Kaveh A. (Competitive Powerlifter)
- “I’m an avid CrossFit masters athlete. I had some stability issues with my shoulder and left hip. It took a little while but I’m back to normal. Steven was great to work with! Highly recommended!” – Jesse C. (CrossFit Masters Athlete)
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (click each link to learn more):
- Joint Manipulation/Mobilization
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Pain Reducing Modalities
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Mobility Training
- Strength Training
- Endurance Training
- Sport Specific Training
- Kinesiology Taping
What should I do next?
- Schedule an initial examination
- Let us find the root cause of your pain
- Create a custom treatment plan for you
- Start living pain-free!
Want more information?
The Aspen Falls Spinal Care Center Way
We have a 5-step approach:
Reduce your pain
Regain normal movement and eliminate pain
Get your life back
Optimize your life and body
Be Your Best
We will work closely with all your healthcare providers
Guaranteed One-On-one Treatment
Setting goals is the best way to enjoy a successful outcome
We offer Various Treatments
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.